Chocolate Monkey Heads

Proof that I have far too much time on my hands. This project was inspired by the chocolate Hepatitis-C molecules by Caitlin Berrigan I saw at SIGGRAPH.
My chocolate monkeys are based on the ubiquitous Suzanne (aka "Add->Mesh->Monkey" in Blender) and Cornelius, both designed by Willem-Paul van Overbruggen.
I had to modify the two monkeys so that they would work as molds (i.e., minimizing undercuts so that the hardened chocolate could escape the molds). I made them hollow to minimize the volume of the materials used in the 3D printing process.
The process, from top to bottom: the depowdered output from the 3D printer; Brushed and sanded; treated with cyanoacrylate (dripped on); sanded again; sealant painted on.
A bunch of finished monkeys with the products I used.
Time to glue some Lego tiles to the monkeys, and also seal the cracks. If silicon gets into the hollow cavity in the back of the monkey, it's game over.
Washing snot, food, and other nasty things off of 30 year old Lego.
The mold box is done.
Time to use some Silicon.
Mix parts A and B in a 10 to 1 ratio. Note to self: this is not even close to enough silicon to make the mold -- next time mix 870 grams instead of 570!
Enlist somebody with strong arms to mix the silicon well. Note to self: rubber gloves should be used.
Degassing the silicon using a FoodSaver vacuum system.
Pouring the silicon.
Skipping ahead so as not to show the frantic mixing of additional silicon to cover all the monkeys. Now to wait a day...
Disassembling the mold box.
Impatient ... off with the bottom.
The mold box is gone, time to check out the mold.
Two monkeys are released.
Looks pretty good!
Post-curing in the oven for 4 hours at 200F.
Melting some chocolate -- not particularly good stuff, just compound covering.
Some chocolate spooned into the mold.
After cooling in the fridge, the monkeys are released.
Two mighty fine monkeys.
That's all folks!